Mini and I were playing the My Little Pony memory match game when she got bored and wanted to draw and color. She's got a stable's worth of these original ponies, Pinkie Pie being her favorite, so she loved this activity.
Here's a MLP template we found online (source) and made into a pdf so you can make your own MLP version.
Speaking of volcanoes & dinosaurs, we've been playing w/ plaster of Paris. After it's painted, Pele will erupt!
I just got my arse kicked by Mini playing "Go Away Monster!" Great game for 3-5 yr olds
Reach into the bag to find the puzzle pieces that match the pictures on your bedroom game board. If a monster pops out, don't be scared...just tell that silly old thing to go away. Then get rid of him for good by tossing him into the monster pit and out of your room. You take charge, and the monsters take off!
The game teaches young children shape recognition, cooperation, competence and boosts self-esteem, and is designed to be played with parents and friends. The game also lets young children experience some of the apprehension and excitement in deciding what is real and what is imaginary.
- Ages 3 and up
- 1 to 4 players
- Playing time: about 15 minutes
- No reading required
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal* (I ground flaxseeds in a coffee grinder)
* 2 large eggs (vegan: egg replacer or cornstarch olive oil mix)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 generous tablespoons of brewers yeast*Directions:Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment
Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.Serves: 6 dozen cookiesPreparation time: 15 minutes *can be found at any local health food store.