uail eggs are tiny, adorable speckled eggs that are perfectly edible. They taste like chicken eggs so only the shell and the size seem foreign. I bought a 1/2 dozen at the Chinatown grocery store in Chicago for $2 out of curiosity.
Hard boiled quail egg recipe:
- fill a shallow saucepan with water to cover the eggs
- gently place the quail eggs in the water
- turn the heat to high and bring to a boil
- as soon as the water is boiling, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 5 minutes
- drain hot water and soak in cold water for a few minutes
- peel & enjoy!
Photo by Queen fLee
Graphic Letter Q from Drop Cap series by Jessica Hische